When I turned 25 I made a list of 30 things that I wanted to do before I turn 30. Slowly, I'm crossing things off.
The list has changed a little bit due to life circumstances, and this is the list and status as it is now.
1. Buy a horse.
I bought my beloved Vasara 2012.
2. Pass my 5-year checkup at Mando and be declared fully healthy and "cured".
Autumn 2016 I got the final proof that I had beaten it.
3. Get my driver’s license.
April 2013 I passed on my first attempt.
4. Participate in a 5 kilometer running race.
I have run Vårruset not just once, but twice.
5. Go on a road trip somewhere in Europe.
Summer 2016 I took a road trip with Vanja through Europe down to Italy.
6. Resolve my issues with my dad.
I am so over it.
7. Move to a new, bigger, apartment and design it according to my wishes.
Moved into Hammarbyhöjden autumn 2015.
8. Learn to play the guitar or the piano.
Piano course spring 2017. I can read and play two-handed!
9. Very important and very secret personal goal.
Achieved. I’m proud.
10. Go to Italy.
Went to Rome with Victor and on a road trip with Vanja 2016.
11. Go on a horseback riding vacation.
Had the most wonderful trip to Mullingar Equestrian Centre in Ireland, April 2017.
12. Dance all night and party like it's 1999.
Every time I tried I realized I AM OLD and TIRED. That said, this goal was finally reached in the place where it all began; Auckland New Zealand, in June 2017.
13. Do some kind of charity work, preferable for women or horses.
I have become a sponsor for Doctors without borders, UNHCR and World Animal protection.
14. Start doing paintings again.
I took an acrylics course 2016.
15. Write another monologue.
16. Really clean out the attic and get rid of all the stuff I don't want to keep. Live light!
Done. Three times actually. Hardly own any crap anymore.
17. Learn how to do crocheting.
Yes, and many projects have been finished!
18. Go back to New Zealand and Australia.
With Dave June 2017!
19. Finish my laser treatments for permanent hair removal.
Ongoing, only a few more visits left!
20. Go see a chiropractor and get help with my shoulders and neck.
Thank god for Karro.
21. Go on a crazy shoppingspree at NK/Åhléns city/mall of Scandinavia.
Spent 17.000 with a personal shopper at Åhléns.
22. Get a job.
Started at Fristads Kansas Group autumn 2012.
23. Get my green card.
Got it! 2012.
24. Play trough a Nancy Drew game without any help from in-game hints, walkthroughs or other sources.
25. Visit all continents, including south and north pole.
Safari in Africa 1999, Asia on trans-Siberian railway 2015, Australia 2007 (when living on new Zeeland) and 2009 (vacation), Antarctica on a cruise 2014, The artic on a cruise 2011, South America on my way to Antarctica 2014, north America 1995, 1998, 2009, 2010, Europe too many ties to count.
26. Go on a long hike in the north of Sweden or Norway.
Conquered Kebnekaise, Sweden’s highest mountain, 2015.
27. Give a new pet a loving home.
Coco and Evita moved in summer 2016.
28. See northern lights.
Success in Tromsö with Dave 2016.
29. Experience a real hedge maze!
Dave and I went to Longleat 2017 and experienced UK's biggest hedge maze.
30. Put all the things that makes me feel bad today behind me.
I am so over it. Looking forward with new challenges.