A bit about my new stable
I was too broken down yesterday after I’d found out about the stable, due to the stress and nervousness involved beforehand during the whole day to do a proper post about it, so here goes.
This Thursday, after getting the very sad news about missing out on a perfect stable, I was crushed. But, the man I talked to was an amazing man who gave me names and numbers to call, in particular to a stable called Lunda gård. Me and Mathias had passed this place once when we were scouting and it had looked nice.
So I called the owner, and yes, she did have a spot which would be available from February. So we decided that I would come by the next day after work and have a look.
So after work yesterday, Friday, I met up with Mathias and we went to Huddige to borrow his parents car and drive out to the stable.
It is not my dream stable but it is good enough, and I will be able to move, maybe I will stand in queue for Peters stable, if I don’t like it.
- It will take about 10 minutes by car from home to the stable.
- this means 40 minutes from work, if I go home by bus first to pick up the car.
- the stable is placed DIRECTLY NEXT TO the water.
- the rent is 4000 SEK a month.
- in the rent is included:
10 kilos of hay per day
Free amount oats and barley and sugar beet pellets.
In and out every day
Access to a walking machine
- the stable has a big paddock outdoors, placed by the water, with show jumping materials.
- a separate corral for longering
- there are two tack rooms, both heated
- each person gets big storage space and additional space can be used on the loft.
- the is a separate place for washing the horse, with warm water.
- there is a lot of places to ride in the woods
- both jumping and dressage instructors are available.
- plenty of farriers.
- 35 minutes walking distance to a indoor ménage
- the stable is a bit run down and I don’t like the design of the stalls.